The Journey of a Pretty Solider's Transformation
25th February, 2009. 3:12 pm. W00T of the quadruple kind!
Well today has been good so far. I got to see my bf this morning. Even if just for a short time it was worth it. The tax news wasn't good as it seems I really am only getting a little back in regards to taxes this year but I will survive I guess. No ebay shopping spree for me. But today I got my new laptop cord (my previous one officially bit the dust last friday) as well as Stratos from the Masters of the Universe Classics line. I told my bf I would wait until he was there to open it. This is a good test of patience for me....can I handle it??
Also yesterday I went back to Meijers but not the Meijers in Lancaster I went to the one in Canal, ran into an old friend who introduced me to the GM 40 hour manager and I proceeded to wow the guy with my work experience. He told me to fill out an app and I did. Today I got a call from them asking for an interview which I was more than happy with scheduling as I have to get a job that will pay decently and Meijers will amen for Unions helping out its members. So everyone keep their fingers crossed that the interview goes well. So have a great day guys!
Current mood: chipper.
21st February, 2009. 12:00 pm. Farewell Queen of Eternia and Mother of He-Man.....
Today started off on a good note. I slept in, started the day off by logging on bear to chat with some friends, checked my email and downloaded this hilarious video that my partner sent me, jammed out to some tunes on my Zune and then got a suprise visit by my partner. It was a few short minutes but it was worth it. Then I came back to the computer and logged onto the .org only to find some terrible news. Jay Scheimer, wife of Lou Scheimer and mother of Erika Scheimer has passed away. After reading this my day is shot. Of all the people that have passed away in my life Kevin up to this day was the only person I ever cried about when I found out. The others that passed, yeah I cried but not until the funeral when it hit me. Some of you may be wondering who these people are that I am mentioning but Lou and Erika Scheimer are two of the many people that poured their hearts and souls into the He-Man and She-Ra cartoons and as many know He-Man and She-Ra was more than a cartoon for me. For those that do not know and are curious go to my memories and read the "To Defend a Hero " post.
Jay was not as involved in He-Man/She-Ra as much as Erika and Lou. She on occasion would voice Queen Marlena Glenn of the Earth Pro Valiant, mother of Prince Adam and wife of Randor King of Eternia. However it was her that supported Lou in getting the license to do a He-Man cartoon and it was her that supported him in doing everything he put his magic touch on. I can not imagine how Lou and Ericka feel but I know I've been crying my eyes out and smoking like a freight train I don't even really know why either. I wanted to meet them all and tell them my story about how He-Man and She-Ra left such an impact on me but now the only two I have any chance of ever meeting are Lou and Erika. I knew Jay was a sweet woman from her time on the documentries and I wanted to go up to her shake her hand and thank her for supporting Lou and Erika with He-Man and She-Ra as well a giving her a heart felt hug that I'm known to be very good at giving.
I guess all I can do now is keep Lou and Erika in my thoughts and prayers. Jay was a wonderful woman and I'm sure she will watch over the two of them in spirit. She and Lou were together for 56 years so that has to count for something. Rest in Peace Jay. You touched more lives than you might realize. And thank you for touching mine.
Current mood: depressed.
12th January, 2009. 6:52 pm. Writer's Block: Shops Gone By
Woolworths shut its doors in the U.K. last week, sending many into a frenzy of nostalgia and bargain shopping. What now-closed store or chain do you wish was still open?
Current mood: chipper.
21st October, 2008. 8:08 pm. Writer's Block: Cryptozoology
Bigfoot, the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, el chupacabra—what is your favorite creature that may or may not exist?
The unicorn. What else would you expect me to choose. And I am of the school that believed they, like dragons existed in the real world. Now they watch over us like guardian angels. I know I have one watching my back.
Current mood: chipper.
13th October, 2008. 10:06 pm. Another meme...
1. Name and middle name?
2. What holiday is your birthday closest to?
Epiphany (all the good catholics should know this one)
3. Favorite flavored pie?
Chocolate err...blueberry! Oh I can't decide....
4. Does it bother you when someone says they will call you and they don't?
Yes greatly. It's nice getting a phone call knowing someone cares enough to call
5. Are you allergic to anything?
Yes some type of med called celcor....
6. Is there something special you want for Christmas?
I want the Christmas any kid in the early 1990s would have died to have. I wants me some Power Rangers zords! I hope you're reading this puddin'.
7. When was the last time you went swimming?
Sometime last year....
8. Do you like cheesecake?
9. How many of the US states have you lived in?
10. Have you traveled outside the country?
11. Do you keep a planner or calendar with daily events?
I tried to. It failed miserably...
12. Does anyone like you?
There better be!
13. Do you have any strange pets?
My boys Toby and Trevor the long haired guinea pigs...
14. What is your dream car?
A Chevy Z71 Avalanche with a hybrid engine or a pink Volkswagen Bug!
15. What did you do today?
I went to work, came home surfed the web, chatted, went to get some stuff for my halloween costume and bought some toys...
16. Are you bipolar?
I don't think so....
17. What is the main ringtone on your cell?
She-Ra Princess of Power Theme
18. Where would you want to go on a first date?
A shopping mall. It's good place to go to different places and find out stuff about the person I'm with.
19. When is the last time you were hugged?
20. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
Yes.... I loved it...
21. How important is romance?
22. Have you ever bungee jumped?
I would be scared shitless before the bungee came five feet near me.
23. Have you ever been white water rafting?
Now that sounds like fun!
24. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
Oh god I have people 30+ years older hit on me! Troll ALert!
25. Are you a cavity free kid?
Oh if only I could say yes...
26. Are you an extreme racist?
27. What song are you listening to right now?
28. What is your favorite song at the moment?
Eien Ne.... (Eternally) from Magiranger...
29. What was the last movie you watched?
The Flight of Dragons
30. Where was the last house you went besides your house?
My grandma's....I think...
31. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone elses property?
I peed on someone's car does that count?
32. Have you ever been punched?
yes...boy that hurt...
33. What's the first thing you notice about the opposite sex?
The people they are around
34. Can you open a beer bottle with a body part other than your hand?
Some people would like to think I can but I doubt I could
35. What do you usually order from Olive Garden?
Ravioli di Portobello
36. Say something totally random about yourself?
I like dipping my toast in tea.
37. Do you have an mp3 player?
38. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
39. Do you have freckles?
No unless they're somewhere I can't see...
40. Are you comfortable with your height?
41. Do you love someone?
42. How tall are you?
43. Do you speak any other language other than English?
French, American Sign, a little japanese, very little spanish and very little german.
44. How do you like your steak cooked?
45. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Yes. I will never forget you Kevin....
46. Do you watch MTV?
What? This is still a channel on tv?
47. What is something that really annoys you?
Guys that think with their dicks!
48. Have you talked with your parents about the birds and the bees?
A little. I taught my mom about how two guys do it a little.
49. What is the best thing in your refrigerator right now?
50. When is the last time you had professional pictures taken?
51. Do you have a crush on somebody?
52. Does that person like you back?
53. Do you drive when you go on long trips?
I try to rotate with the other person
54. What's the latest you have ever stayed out?
55. Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
No.... and won't anytime soon either. I have too much to do.
56. Were you ever rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
57. Have you broken a bone or had stitches?
Yes, I had stitched in my nose when I was younger. I still have the scar.
58. Anyone on your mind right now?
My friends and family
59. What color is your hair?
60. What did you do last night?
Watched a movie and slept.
Current mood: calm.
5th October, 2008. 3:02 pm. Rare items meme yanked from hitchbear...
Name a CD you own that no-one else on your friends list does:
Konsoku Denjin Albegas Soundtrack
Uchu No Kichi Tekkaman Soundtrack
Gatchaman OAV Soundtrack
Name a book you own that no-one else on your friends list does:
The Last Unicorn The Lost Version
Name a movie you own on DVD/VHS/etc that no-one else on your friends list does:
Winds of Change
The Sea Prince and the Fire Child
All the Unico Movies in Japanese
Name a place that you have visited that no-one else on your friends list has:
Current mood: chipper.
20th September, 2008. 9:06 pm. What kind of Chinese Dragon are you?
Ha! Wood! Teehee...
Your Result is: Wood Dragon
Creative, imaginative, and inquisitive; the Wood Dragon is both a thinker and a doer. Guided by logic, his drive and ambition allow him to put ideas into practice while trying not to offend. Not as self-centered as other Dragons, he is still fearless and outspoken when challenged.
Take What kind of Chinese Dragon are you?
Current mood: amused.
7th September, 2008. 6:50 pm. It's one of those times...
I am so happy I already have this figure:
Granted mine is loose and near complete but still this makes me grateful I got her when I did.
Current mood: chipper.